How to Help
We perpetually seek friendly, compassionate people to help out in our store. Come alone, with a group of friends, as a team, or as an organization to donate your valuable time to our mission. The list below highlights various volunteer options and we are always open to new ideas!
- Check-Out Assistant – After teachers finish making their selections, volunteers are needed to assist in bagging the teacher’s supplies. (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:00pm-6pm; one time or regularly scheduled)
- Office Assistant – This position involves entering demographics into our data system, filing, and other general office duties.
- Classroom Solutions – Using our die cut machines, volunteers cut out shapes, letters and numbers to be packaged for our shelves, assemble journals and assignment books, and create other products for teachers to use in the classroom. This is best suited for groups of 2-5 volunteers. Ask about how you can donate supplies for the Classroom Solutions project for a bigger impact!
- Special Projects – Occasionally, there are special projects that provide a perfect opportunity for groups of individuals (service clubs, corporate departments, etc.) to work together and complete. These projects, which include Classroom Solutions and various other tasks, provide great team building experience and help support area teachers and students. These projects are best for groups of 5-10 volunteers.
- Offsite Projects – We have a few projects that can be done remotely. For example, we can provide paper and covers for your group to make homework journals. You can do the work at your church, school or other location and then return the finished journals to us.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer options, you can sign up here!
Questions? Please contact:
Crayons to Classrooms
1750 Woodman Drive
Dayton, Ohio 45420
Direct dial: (937) 528-6404