- September 2014 Newsletter
School is back in session! Crayons to Classrooms started semester shopping, but that’s not all that happened. For more information about what happened in September 2014, please click the link: September 2014 NewsletterContinue reading →
- August 2014 Newsletter
Although summer was coming to an end, DC2C remained as busy as ever. To see what was happening at DC2C in August 2014, please click the following link: August 2014 NewsletterContinue reading →
- July 2014 Newsletter
July is filled with wonderful things like sunshine and America’s birthday. To see recall all the wonderful things that occurred at DC2C back in July, please click on the following link: July 2014 NewsletterContinue reading →
- June 2014 Newsletter
June 2014 seems like such a long time ago! To take a look back at what was happening at DC2C, please click on the following link: June 2014 NewsletterContinue reading →
- May 2014 Newsletter
To see what was happening at DC2C in May 2014, please click on the link for more information: May 2014 NewsletterContinue reading →
- 5th Anniversary Celebration!
Crayons to Classrooms is celebrating 5 years of serving teachers in our community and the distribution of over $5M in school supplies. Join us for a fun trip back to grade school and watch adult contestants compete in a battle of wits against our 5th graders!
Thursday, March 5, 2015.
Sinclair Community College’s Ponitz Center (Building 12).
5:30 PM until 9:00 PM.
ScheduleContinue reading →
5:30pm Recess (Social with heavy Appetizers) & Silent Auction
7:00pm Class (Game Show)
8:30pm Snack Time (Desserts & Coffee)
- Kroger Campaign Press Release
For Immediate Release
Friday, June 13, 2014
For more information, contact Steve Rubenstein, at (937)528-6401.
Kroger Partners with Dayton’s Crayons to Classrooms (DC2C)
Beginning June 15th and running through July 27 th, Dayton-area Kroger stores will be supporting local school classrooms with their seventh annual Crayons to Classrooms Back to School Supply Drive! Customers will find donation containers in thirty-two local stores and, with their generosity, will help provide crayons, pencils, notebooks, and hundreds of other classroom items to children in our community’s neediest schools. These stores will also have pre-made school supply kits available for $5.00 as a monetary donation, and customers are encouraged to donate the supply kit as well. In the past, Kroger has given DC2C over $50,000 in monetary donations and over $116,000 in product donations. Kroger has also donated three storage trailers, worth close to $3,000, for DC2C to store supplies throughout the year – allowing them to have a more spacious and organized warehouse. “Many students in our community go to school every day without the necessary supplies needed to learn. Thanks to the generous support of The Kroger Company, Crayons to Classrooms will be in a much better position to fill this need and to help teachers create a more productive learning environment,” said Steve Rubenstein, executive director of Crayons Classrooms.
“This drive allows many less fortunate children to have the basic tools necessary to learn successfully,” said Sukanya Madlinger, President of Kroger’s Cincinnati/Dayton Division. “There isn’t one of us that do not remember the thrill of new notebooks, crayons, and pens and pencils that signaled the start of a new school year. There are far too many children in our community who do not get to experience that thrill. Education is a core value of The Kroger Company and we are thrilled to partner with Crayons to Classrooms for this important campaign.”
PARTICIPATING KROGER STORES ARE LOCATED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- 705 Wayne Avenue, 1555 Wayne Avenue, Dayton
- 722 Austin Landing, 10101 Landing Way, Miamisburg
- 747 Vandalia, 780 Northwoods Boulevard, Vandalia
- 754 Brandt Pike, 4506 Brandt Pike, Huber Heights
- 758 Huber Heights, 7747 Old Troy Pike, Huber Heights
- 759 Miamisburg, 155 N. Heineke Road, Miamisburg
- 833 Greenville, 200 Lease Avenue, Greenview
- 836 Siebenthaler, 3520 West Siebenthaler Avenue, Dayton
- 910 St. Mary’s, 475 Fortman Dr., St. Marys
- 913 Sidney, 2100 W Michigan Street, Sidney
- 914 Troy, 751 W Market St, Troy
- 922 Springboro, 725 W. Central Avenue, Springboro
- 931 Alex-Bell, 2917 W. Alex-Bell Rd, Centerville
- 932 Piqua, 1510 Covington Avenue, Piqua
- 933 Needmore, 1934 Needmore Rd, Dayton
- 938 Englewood, 885 Union Boulevard, Englewood
- 720 Limestone, 1822 S. Limestone St, Springfield
- 729 Spinning Road, 700 Spinning Rd, Dayton
- 730 N. Limestone, 2300 N. Limestone St., Springfield
- 741 Derr Road, 2989 Derr Rd., Springfield
- 751 Smithville, 1024 S Smithville Rd, Dayton
- 811 Beavercreek, 3195 Dayton-Xenia Road, Beavercreek
- 812 Whipp Road, 2100 Whipp Road, Kettering
- 817 Wilmington, 1230 Rombach Ave, Wilmington
- 825 Dorothy Lane, 2115 E. Dorothy Lane, Kettering
- 826 Kettering, 530 E. Stroop Road, Kettering
- 829 Xenia, 1700 Parkview Dr, Xenia
- 830 Fairborn, 1161 E. Dayton-Yellow Springs Road, Fairborn
- 832 N. Bechtle, 965 N Bechtle Ave, Springfield
- 835 Main Street, 1095 S Main St, Centerville
- 923 Centerville, 1023 S. Main Street, Centerville
- 935 Sugar Creek, 6480 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek
About Crayons to Classrooms
Crayons to Classrooms is a free resource center for teachers from under-funded K-12 schools serving children who live in poverty in the Miami Valley area of Ohio. In partnership with local businesses, individual donors, and community volunteers, Dayton’s Crayons to Classrooms (DC2C) lifts at-risk children’s level and love of learning by providing them the basic school supplies that are essential to academic achievement at no cost to the children’s teachers, families, or schools. DC2C is located in the Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley building at 1511 Kuntz Road in Dayton, Ohio. Learn more at www.dc2c.org. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Crayons2Classrooms
- Chocolate 5k
NR Road Racing is partnering with DC2C Sunday, August 17th, to sponsor the most delicious 5k of the summer. Enjoy a family friendly three mile course with friends, family, and other choc-a-holics. Everyone is welcome to participate and join in the fun! There will still be water stations, but for those of you with a sweet tooth, you can also indulge in chocolaty goodness. The race will be held at 9am at Eastwood Metropark in Dayton.
All chocolate is compliments of NR Road Racing. It is not mandatory for you take part, but you are more than welcome to have a sweet treat on us! There will be chocolate stations set up along the three mile course and of course, some more at the end to reward you for a job well done.
We’ll supply the Ghirardelli® chocolates along the way. For any of you with food allergies, please read the following “Allergy Information” from the Ghirardelli® people. We’ve also found what may be a blast from the past for some of you… Remember Choc-ola? Well it’s back & we have it for you.
After the Race:Continue reading →
When you’re done running, we’ll be still savoring sweet treats and having a great time! You are invited to hangout, listen to music, and enjoy some more (or your first) chocolate on us! Family and friends are always encouraged to join in the fun!
For more information, check out our Facebook page.
- Ohio Achievement Assessments Rally
On April 25th, Crayons to Classrooms attended a press rally at Wogaman 5th- 8th School to distribute the Ohio Achievement Assessment kits made by LexisNexis to the students. Read more here: OAA Rally Press ReleaseContinue reading →
- DC2C named a Semifinalist in the Jimmie Johnson Foundation Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program
Crayons to Classrooms has been named 1 of 10 semifinalists in the 2014 Jimmie Johnson Foundation’s Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program! The top five charities will receive a $25,000 cash grant. DC2C is honored to be included in this program. Read this press release for more information: BBHOH SEMIFINALIST Press ReleaseContinue reading →