What we do
Dayton Crayons to Classrooms (DC2C) is a free store for teachers from under-funded preK-12 schools that serve students living in poverty.
In partnership with local businesses, individual donors, and community volunteers, DC2C lifts at-risk student’s level and love of learning by collecting and distributing donated supplies and surplus products for use in the classroom.
Teachers from eligible schools are invited to shop for what they need in our retail-style free store in a Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley building in Dayton, Ohio.
To enhance the readiness to learn of all students in the Greater Dayton, Ohio region by providing them with school supplies that are essential to academic success—at no cost to the students’ teachers, schools, or families.
Crayons to Classrooms serves Clark, Darke, Greene, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, and Warren (Franklin City Schools and Springboro City Schools) counties.
Ensure every student in need has the tools for success everyday, in every way.
Secure and distribute school supplies at no cost to teachers of students in need.
- Believe in the power of education.
- Treat all people with respect and dignity.
- Strive to meet the highest ethical standards.
- Conduct all aspects of business with integrity and transparency.
- Work as part of the community and be a responsible organization.
We need help from our community and local citizens to fulfill our missions. Join our mission today!
- Learn about our programs.
- Run a school supply drive or make a monetary donation to support our mission.
- Become a Dayton Crayons to Classrooms volunteer.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions to Crayons to Classrooms are tax deductible.